Combined assignment and dynamics algorithm for NMR applications
CYANA (© by Peter Güntert) is a program for automated structure calculation of biological macromolecules on the basis of conformational constraints from NMR. The combination of automated NOESY cross peak assignment, structure calculation with a fast torsion angle dynamics algorithm, and the ease-of-use of CYANA provide for unprecedented efficiency in NMR protein structure determination.
Information about CYANA
- New Features [PDF / 137KB]
- Migration from earlier Cyana/Dyana version [PDF / 70KB]
- Known Problems [PDF / 60KB]
- Installation [PDF / 56KB]
- CYANA 2.0/2.1 atom names (IUPAC nomenclature) [PDF / 91KB]
- Manual for the INCLAN command language used by CYANA [PDF / 152KB]
- DYANA 1.5 Manual [PDF / 537KB]
CYANA is available exclusively from LAS. The current version is CYANA 2.1.
System requirements for CYANA 2.1
- CYANA 2.1 has been tested on the following Linux/Unix systems:
- Binaries are available for the following Unix/Linux systems.
✽ In case of problems, the program must be compiled from source.
- Linux (Redhat 9/Fedora Core 4)
- Mac OS X operating system
- 256 MB memory
- 25 MB free disk space
- For compilation: Fortran 90 compiler
- For parallel calculations on distributed-memory systems: MPI (e.g. LAM/MPI)
|Software Package||Academic License||Commercial License|
|CYANA 2.1||600 Euro||13,000 Euro|
- The price of academic license was increased from 14th June 2013.
- Licenses include the source code, are unlimited in time and can be used simultaneously on any number of computer systems at the site of the licensee.
- An academic user is an individual or a single research group that will not use the software for any purpose (research or otherwise) that is supported by a "for profit" or military organization.
- Organizations, e.g. computer centers, that will give access to the software to more than one academic research group need a special license. All other users need a Commercial License.
- Licenses must be prepaid by check or bank transfer. Purchase orders cannot be processed.
- Do not change in other foreign currency !. If you are not able to pay in EURO, please contact us.
How to Purchase
To obtain a CYANA software license, please follow these steps:
- Download the License form file for academic [PDF:17KB] or commercial [PDF:15KB] use of CYANA.
- Print and fill out the form.
✽ Type or clearly print
- Send the completed and duly signed form & your purchase order form by mail to the following address:
L. A. Systems, Inc.
Tokei-Kaikan BLD.1F 1-11-5 Ueno
Taito Tokyo 110-0005
- We will send the invoice by e-mail.
✽ The acceptable method of payment is wire transfer or check(+50Euro) by pay in EURO.
✽ Do not change in other forrign currency.
✽ Do not accept Credit Card.
✽ Please pay the bank's charges, taxes if any, on Applicant. Proce of a tax refund like VAT cannot be performed.
✽ Upon receipt of the payment we will e-mail you the ID and password for login to the CYANA download site.
✽ To the license issue for WireTransfer for about two or more weeks and for Check for about one or more month.
The current version is CYANA 2.1 released in the first week of July 2005.
The upgrade from earlier Cyana (not Dyana) versions is free-of-charge.
Please register to the Cyana Mailing List.
This is not automatic approval. The completion notice is delivered from LAS Support in several days.
Please contact us if you have any questions. (E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Güntert, P., Mumenthaler, C. & Wüthrich, K. (1997). Torsion angle dynamics for NMR structure calculation with the new program DYANA. J. Mol. Biol. 273, 283-298.
- Any reports or publications of results obtained with CYANA must cite this paper.
- Herrmann, T., Güntert, P. & Wüthrich, K. (2002). Protein NMR structure determination with automated NOE assignment using the new software CANDID and the torsion angle dynamics algorithm DYANA. J. Mol. Biol. 319, 209-227.
- Any reports or publications of results obtained with the CANDID module of CYANA must acknowledge the use of CANDID by citing this paper.
- Güntert, P. (2003). Automated NMR protein structure calculation. Prog. NMR Spectrosc. 43, 105-125.
- Güntert, P. (2004). Automated NMR protein structure calculation with CYANA. Meth. Mol. Biol. 278, 353-378.
- Jee, J. G. & Güntert, P. (2003). Influence of the completeness of chemical shift assignments on NMR structures obtained with automated NOE assignment. J. Struct. Funct. Genom. 4, 179-189.
All CYANA-related publications is here.[Back to top of page]